The schedule and heat draws for this weekend’s Salt Life WSA Championship Tour Event presented by Got Milk? at Oceanside South Harbor Jetty are live and linked here.
A few reminders:
- Please, be sure to check the schedule and your heat times carefully. Some divisions are split between two areas and your heat time is listed above your heat. Please, show up early so that you do not miss your heat. If you miss your heat, you will be added to the standby alternate list and will not be automatically entered into another heat.
- We will be serving pancakes, hot dogs, and water at the beach
- There is a pay parking lot available. Pay as soon as you arrive to avoid getting a ticket. You will need your license plate number to purchase parking.
- Please take some time to review the 2022/23 Rulebook paying special attention to the Sportsmanship Clause on pg.12 and Heat Preparation Sections on pg. 9. It has come to our attention that at our recent events there has been some very unsportsmanlike conduct happening in the water and on the beach. We want to make sure that our competitors are having a positive experience at the WSA events. We have had reports of leash pulling and verbal bullying in and out of the water. Leash pulling can be considered as an Interference due to hindrance in scoring potential. Please pass this on to any coaches that may be working with your competitor
- WCC Eligibility – In order to qualify for our Invitation WCC in May, the surfer needs to surf 6 events to qualify for a division
- For the April 1/2 Makeup Event – We will not be reopening registration, if you were registered for January contest, you are automatically registered for the makeup event April 1/2 at HB 9th Street. Please email Mia if you are unable to make the event. If you were not registered, we will be taking beach entries the day of starting at 6:30 am.
- Thank you to one of our sponsors: the US Army and the San Diego North Army Recruiting Company. Their team will be available all weekend to answer any questions you may have about the Army, give away a bunch of cool swag and give you the chance to win a G-Shock GBX-100 GLIDE Surf Watch. Go check them out!
Special shout out to our sponsors Salt Life, Got Milk?, Sun Bum, GoGo squeeZ, Kodiak Cakes, Chris Grant Surf Photo, NOCS Provisions, and Sticky Bumps for helping make this event happen!