We just received word from the City of Oceanside that we are not permitted to run events for surfers over the age of 18. There will be no adult, open, or adaptive divisions at this weekend’s contest. We are so sorry to have just received these guidelines from the City and apologize for this change. This rule change is unfortunately out of our control. If you had signed up and paid for an adult division, we will start working on refunds to each of you ASAP.
Because we will not be able to run our adult divisions, we have made significant changes to the schedule. The updated schedule is attached to this email. Links to each are also available here:
*Facial coverings that cover both your mouth and nose should be worn at all times while in the contest area. Please also maintain 6 feet of space between you and other competitors/beachgoers. Please wear a mask while in the Main Tent area.*
Event and Contest Check In:
- Competitors will check in for their jersey color with the Beach Marshall. Please form a single-file line while waiting to check in and check in one person at a time. We will have separate lines for north area and south area competitors.
- Please wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose when checking in for your heat.
- The heat board with results will be roped off to prevent gathering next to the board. Parents and competitors should bring their phones to photo results and advancements.
- Heat sheets may be viewed by parents/competitors one person at a time and in a socially distanced manner.
Event Set Up
- Shade tents will not be provided for competitors due to gathering and social distancing guidelines.
- Competitors and families are advised to bring their own umbrellas for shade. Avoid gathering with others, maintain 6 feet of space on the beach, and wear your facial covering.
- There will be no food for the event. Competitors and families are advised to bring their own food and drink or to purchase from the local restaurants.
PARKING & RESTROOM INFORMATION
There is major construction going on in the Oceanside pier area and there is no parking available on the south side. There is some parking on the northside of the pier and plenty of additional parking 2 blocks east of the pier. Please remember to arrive early and give yourself ample time to find a parking space.
The construction has impacted the restroom facilities on the southside of the pier as well. There are nearby porta potties available. Alternatively, restrooms are available on the northside of the pier.