The schedule and heat draws for this weekend’s Salt Life WSA Championship Tour Event presented by Got Milk? at 9th Street in Huntington Beach are live and linked here. Note: this is the makeup for our previously canceled event #6 Jan. 14-15 at Oceanside
A few reminders:
- Please, be sure to check the schedule and your heat times carefully. Some divisions are split between two areas and your heat time is listed above your heat. If you miss your heat, you will be added to the standby alternate list and will not be automatically entered into another heat. We will have alternates standing by to enter the event. If you are not checked in by the 5 minute warning, you will be replaced.
- There is metered parking along Coast Highway and nearby streets
- We are not able to cook food at the beach. Please support local HB businesses and grab lunch nearby
- Please take some time to review the 2022/23 Rulebook paying special attention to the Sportsmanship Clause on pg.12 and Heat Preparation Sections on pg. 9. It has come to our attention that at our recent events there has been some very unsportsmanlike conduct happening in the water and on the beach. We want to make sure that our competitors are having a positive experience at the WSA events. We have had reports of leash pulling and verbal bullying in and out of the water. Leash pulling can be considered as an Interference due to hindrance in scoring potential. Please pass this on to any coaches that may be working with your competitor
- WCC Eligibility – In order to qualify for our Invitation WCC in May, the surfer needs to surf 6 events to qualify for a division
- Ratings – As we are nearing the end of the season, posted ratings are now calculated based off of a surfer’s top 6 event results. For our adaptive surfers, ratings are based off of top 4 event results.
Special shout out to our sponsors Salt Life, Got Milk?, Sun Bum, GoGo squeeZ, Kodiak Cakes, Chris Grant Surf Photo, NOCS Provisions, and Sticky Bumps for helping make this event happen!