After one of the craziest years in WSA history, we are excited to kick off this weekend’s West Coast Championship event at 9th Street in Huntington Beach!! Schedule and heat draws are available at the links below. We will be running 4-person heats this weekend. When you look at the heats, you will notice that times are not listed. Please refer to the schedule for all heat times.
All competitors will receive a Championships t-shirt and a $10 gift card to a local HB restaurant. Stop by the check-in table after your heat to pick up your goodies!
As with all events this season, please take some time to review the COVID-19 protocol below. It is important that all WSA surfers abide by protocol.
*Facial coverings that cover both your mouth and nose should be worn at all times while in the contest area. Please also maintain 6 feet of space between you and other competitors/beachgoers. Please wear a mask while in the Main Tent area.*
Event and Contest Check In:
- Competitors will check in for their jersey color with the Beach Marshall. Please form a single-file line while waiting to check in and check in one person at a time. We will have separate lines for north area and south area competitors.
- Please wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose when checking in for your heat.
- The heat board with results will be roped off to prevent gathering next to the board. Parents and competitors should bring their phones to photo results and advancements.
- Heat sheets may be viewed by parents/competitors one person at a time and in a socially distanced manner.
Event Set Up
- Shade tents will not be provided for competitors due to gathering and social distancing guidelines.
- Competitors and families are advised to bring their own umbrellas for shade. Avoid gathering with others, maintain 6 feet of space on the beach, and wear your facial covering.
- There will be no food for the event. Competitors and families are advised to bring their own food and drink or to purchase from the local restaurants.